Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: MG Picotee, 1 by Xeramtheum

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Xeramtheum

In reply to: MG Picotee

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of MG Picotee
Xeramtheum wrote:
I know about mg's gone wild. I made the mistake last year of plopping a mg on the bottom shelf of wire racks in the greenhouse and when it warmed up it took over everything literally winding itself all around the shelves, the inner perimeter of the whole greenhouse and mugging everything it touched .. I'd spend 20 minutes a day in the morning unwrapping tendrils from victims it grabbed on to. When I cleared out the greenhouse to wash it, I just cut it back to the base (2 weeks ago) and repotted it. It's already over a foot tall! I potted it up again today and gave it something more appropriate to climb on.

This one is I. cordatatriobia. It's gone wild and 2 years ago it was trying to eat the whole town of Summerville .. like kudzu. It totally covered my hedge rose then. I spent the next 2 years pulling it off the hedge rose. I managed to get rid of most of it. I'm thinking last years extraordinarily early hard freeze we had put a tremendous dent in the population around town as well.

X