Spring Heuchera Pics

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

We've been getting a little rain lately and my herchs are starting to take off. Here are a few pics. Caramel - I have two of these and they get the same light and growing conditions, however this one always does better than the other.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Tiramisu. It's kind of small but the colors are nice.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Saturn. This isn't the most colorful but the leaves are so pretty, almost a matte look to them. They are more purple when young and turn green as they mature. The white flowers on this one are nice.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I've always liked Obsidian. It gets huge and the pests rarely bother it.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

French Quarter never gets very large but it is an unusual color combination.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

My Peach Flambe starts out great in the spring but fades as summer goes on. I had it in mostly shade and it wasn't as colorful so I moved it into more sun. But not sure this is the right spot for it either because it seems to burn easily. Where do you plant yours?

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Midnight Rose likes a bit more sun here and it just starting to form flower stalks.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Green Spice is huge but the squirrels love to chomp on it's flowers. Luckily that's no loss on this plant!

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Ginger Ale has good color this spring. I had moved this one last fall. It is just me or do heuchs need a lot of moving around to find a place they're happy?

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Snow Angel was one of my first ones and still one of my favorites.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

I like Velvet Night, but so do the bugs. By end of summer its got lots of holes in the leaves.
So this is part of my collection. I'll try to get some gardens shots of this area later.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Athens, PA

Goldfinch4 -

very nice! I'd love to see more.

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

id love to see garden shots . ive been looking on line for garden shots . the leaves are so pretty people tend to do close ups more lol .

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Dolce Key Lime Pie:

Thumbnail by Jeannie63
Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Mocha (or Brownies??), Palace Purple, and Chocolate Ruffles:

Thumbnail by Jeannie63
Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Black Beauty:

Thumbnail by Jeannie63
Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Pinot Gris:

Thumbnail by Jeannie63
Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Boujolais:

Thumbnail by Jeannie63
(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

i want pinot gris so bad . i love the color. how big does it get . is it a bigun

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

I have only had it since late last summer. Right now it is about 10" across.

Athens, PA

I really like the French Quarter. I have Pinot Gris too and just love it.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Jeannie, love the color on your Dolce Key Lime Pie, so bright and perfect. Pinot Gris is on my gotta have list, and after seeing yours I need it more than ever.

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful, healthy plants! French Quarter is really different. Nice.
I love that Pino Gris too, so many different colors in there, but I have no more room. My bed is so crowded now that I think I will have to remove a few.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

I'll take one of each please.... :) These are all beautiful.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Here are a couple of shots of the heuchera area of one of my gardens.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Another shot, same garden.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4

goldfinch, your garden is very pretty. I really like that, perfectly spaced. Mine are so smushed together it looks a mess. Will have to move a few out of mine next spring. Hate to do it now, can't even get into the garden.

GayLynn

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Those are beautiful pictures.

Agawam, MA(Zone 6a)

I have to agree, very beautiful!
Debbie

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow goldfinch. What beautiful plants and great placement. A lovely garden.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks everybody!

GayLynn, when I made this garden I actually made an attempt to keep some space between my plants. Not all of my gardens worked out that way. Too many new plants I gotta have! This is the only area of my yard that gets any shade at all.

Yup, that was my problem, too many plants I had to have!

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Had to pop in and comment on the gorgeous heuchera pics and your beautiful garden, goldfinch!

I finally scored a 'French Quarter' this spring - have been looking for a couple of years.

Love your hollowed sphere. Did you make it? Very cool.

Sandy

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Sandy!

My French Quarter just got it's first flower and it's a really pretty pink. I was surprised as I expected the flower to be more insignificant. Where did you find yours?

Yes, I made the sphere. I do a lot of cement and hypertufa stuff.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

I found mine at a nursery about an hour from here. Yay.

You're definitely a multi talented gal! That sphere looks super in the garden. It's something I'd like to try at some point.

Sandy

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

You'll have to visit the hypertufa forum - lots of good ideas over there. It's really not as hard as you'd think.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/hypertufa/all/

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Thanks, goldfinch, will do!

Sandy

Laguna Niguel, CA(Zone 10a)

I'll send a couple of my heuchs. I am not sure what variety they are. The lighter red on the left looks like Boujolais and I believe the one on the right is obsidion. The little yellow one is Stoplight and I moved her to a better location. She was snuffed out by the hostas.

Thumbnail by crazy4plants

This is purple palace on the right with Key Lime Pie that struggles every year. Jack Frost Brunnera on the left. Love those Brunneras.

Shendandoa something or other mixed in with a bunch of plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.