Yippee, the Bradford Pear is gone... now what?

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

I've been combing this forum for ideas. Paying special attention to the plantings between pavers. We just had a Bradford Pear removed from our front yard beside the driveway, and I'm hoping to eradicate the Bermuda grass there, and make a path (gets a lot of traffic to the back yard) and turn the rest into a bed.

There is also a utility box in the neighbor's yard that I don't want to see, and a large oak tree overhead.

I have a number of Irises I can move and a bunch of columbine that I started from seed last winter, just waiting to be planted in the fall.

Suggestions welcome. I definitely need some manageable shrubs to hide the utility box, but nothing that gets too big (have enough of that with the neighbor's tea olives). I love flowers and fragrance...

Thumbnail by klstuart
This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!