Dupont Hibiscus Pictures

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

I haven't made those in a long time, but I would definitely do them without the raisins. I was thinkin of making ginger snaps on Wednesday. That's one of my favorite coooookies.
Jon

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

those would be appreciated too!!! send them my way!

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Here is one of my favorite shots:

Thumbnail by jlp222
Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Nice! who are we looking at? She's gorgeous.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Not from Dupont directly...

Cajun Cocktail from the other co-op.

Thumbnail by Sunshines2day
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Sunshines2day, your Cajun Cocktail is gorgeous and it sure looks different from Dee's Cajun Cocktail, it seem this ones colors patterns change with the climate change, check Guamsorbit's tread and see what I mean, your neighbors are going to think you have to different hibs during the year.

I was reading some of your past treads on hibiscus and came across one from Sept. 12, 2005, glad you finally got some tropical hibs, now you can be a regular in this forum, the more people they are, the merrier the forum is, besides more photos to share and contemplate.

Wilfred

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Wifred,
I saw that other pic with the yellow one....I suppose it is different with such a difference in zones, the weather here has been 98 to 101 for at least 7 to 10 days then it dropped to low 90's the last 2 days. I didn't get to look at it this am but I couldn't miss it when I came home. (I have always had rosa sinesis somewhere in my garden because I am in love with them)

Linda

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Well that makes two of use who loves them, would love to see more of your hib photos on the forum, this last one you posted looks gorgeous Linda.

Wilfred

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

that's a great shot Linda! Thanks for putting it up so I can tell the difference between yours & d's. I agree has to be the weather (heat & humidity) but they both are beautiful. I agree with Wilfred looks to be 2 different hibs. What other hibs have you got growing in Texas? I'd love to see any blooms!

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Since my Cocktail does look different I double checked the tag and the writing on the pot. It is supposed to be Cocktail and it is the only one that has bloomed from these I purchased:
1 Tsunami
1 Black Dragon
1 Vermillion Queen
2 Cajun Cocktail
1 Persimmon
I'll gladly post pics when the others bloom, I think the hail really slowed them down.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Can't wait to seem them, you have a nice collection.

Wilfred

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Acadian Spring 7-7-09

Thumbnail by chuck7701

Super "Acadian Spring" chuck. Looks like there's some Amaryllis foliage in the vicinity?
Jon

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Opening progression of an Acadian Spring bloom this morning.
Began photos at 8:15 til 11:00 AM.

Thumbnail by chuck7701
Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

I loved that you were able to capture the opening. Great shots & the sequencing is very cool!

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Swamp Music Double this morning.

Thumbnail by chuck7701

That's a very different looking "Swamp Music" bloom. Mine have always been a bit darker. When I quickly looked at it I was gonna guess it was "Voodoo Queen".

Doniphan, MO

I don't know the name, but it's doubling my pleasure.

Thumbnail by possum6

Nice photo possum. Was that the hibiscus you were getting quite a bit of bud drop on or is this the hibiscus that was on the left in your previous photo?

Doniphan, MO

This is the bigger better plant. There's a bud on the other plant, I'm hoping it make's it open, so I can get an I.D. on it maybe.

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

Nice doubles chuck & possum. Chuck is your plant in the ground or potted?
I can't tell if your plant is one or two colors possum, but it sure is a nice healthy looking plant.

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

I have all mine in the ground. Will dig em for winter storage. Have too on the patio now. The garage becomse the greenhouse in the winter.............

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Spectacular Red Beans and Rice - petal on stamen........

Thumbnail by chuck7701

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.