newby ??'s

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Awe Naw,

All Hail is breaking loose!!!!

Hopefully no damage Jon?

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

I wish it was perlite. LOL It hurt when I got hit by some of it. It was slightly larger than the size of a quarter and just bouncing off the ground. Quite a bit of leaf damage on the ones in the ground. I would say 20% of the leaves have some damage. More than half of them were protected inside the pool screening so they did fine. It was the worst hail I've seen here in 19 years. I knew I shouldn't have cracked that perlite joke!!! LOL I never put the two together. I better be good for a few minutes. Hehe

Disputanta, VA(Zone 7a)

ya'll are cracking me up! I had tea coming out my nose, really, EWWW!

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

ewww Debbie that snot funny! lol

yeah a little play on words sorry, couldn't help it. :-)

This message was edited Jun 13, 2009 4:06 PM

Ew ew ew. Was it green tea?

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Jon,

It does hurt. I guess 2 months or so ago I was in Midland Texas. There was hail bigger than golfballs for about 30 minutes or so. We all went running. Thank goodness for PDR Paintless Dent Removal. I felt like i was in a scene from Day after Tomorrow of something. The kids were scared to death but I was cracking them up. I'm like "Run Forest Run" It was actually busting out windows of cars. Just beat up the truck some and cracked the windshield $4800 in damage. I think there was a total of over 1200 dents to be removed. It looks like nothing ever happened now! I'm amazed.

Robert

This message was edited Jun 13, 2009 7:47 PM

Yeah, it does hurt. I was watching from the front door in amazement and picking up the big hailstones that were bouncing off the sidewalk. I had a handful pretty quick. I've only seen it hail maybe 2 or 3 times here in 19 years but nothing like today. The winds were roaring also and the power went out for about 90 minutes. It's pretty amazing how some of the hailstones went right through the middle of the hibbie leaves. I was wondering about the car in the driveway but it seems ok. $4800.00 in damage would definitely suck.

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

FYI, my Home Depot had run out of the large bags of Perlite but they did have 3.5 cu ft bags of Vermeculite for $24.99. The bags did look like they had been repackaged though; tape covering the brand name, etc...and they had 8 bags of it lying around :-)

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

I knew it was mine LOL

You're probably right Robert. I guess you're perlite and vermiculite DID end up in California after all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.