An Adventure in Beautiful Bali

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Shari! I really enjoyed it! This is the closest I will ever come to Bali...Thanks again!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Great armchair vacation! Thanks for posting all those wonderful pictures and taking us along with you to Bali. ^_^

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I am glad you have enjoyed our little cyber trip! I wish I could twitch my nose and take you all there in person, but as they say "If wishes were horses, we'd be drowning in horseshit" or something like that. Oh yes Tropicbreeze, you are so close, with so many options, you really owe it to yourself to go. I'm sure that this thread just seemed to go on forever, but there we just so many things I wanted to show you all. Thank you all for allowing me this opportunity to share a part of my heart.

Yokwe,
Shari

Thank You Shari! The picture's of the wood sculpture's did knock my sock's off, the lion's in particular. There were several more that I would admire owning.

The picture's of Pura Luhur Ululwatu made me sink more into my seat as I viewed each one. I let each picture sink in before I went to the next. Stunning and absolutely beautiful. I have visited some great Tropical place's in my life but I have now added Bali to the list of place's I must visit. I could ramble but.......

Thank you so much.

Rachel
I

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Another blissful virtual visit to Bali. I saw the thread in the New Thread watcher but I didn't have the proper amount of time to check up on it. This is to savored bit by bit, not read on the diagonal as I sometimes do when time is scarce. One doesn't want to that and miss out on this pleasure. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this, Shari.

Big kisses.
Sylvain.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Shari, so glad that you had a good trip and are home safely. Thanks for sharing the pictures. We've missed you! So glad to have you back!

Jeanne

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi Jeanne! Hope you enjoyed the pictures. How ya doin? We are in the middle of a storm here, and I can't help thinking about your swing set/green house. My plants are all getting waaaay too much water! Would that I had your ingenuity!

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Shari,
I'm ok. I've been down for awhile. Just taking it easy. My pink bromeliades that were in that "swing house" as Randy called it, are huge and in bloom! I'll have to get their picture. They are soooo pretty!

This year we will have the new patio cover to enclose with the plastic, so we won't have to move so much. My plumerias are starting to bloom. I have plumeria seedlings coming up from my big yellow tree.....the seeds really germinated well and the little plants look great! I also have some baby brugs from a seedpod.

It is so hot here and we've had no rain for a few days. We are down 7 1/2" of rain. It is supposed to rain tomorrow. We sure could use it! You can send me your rain.

Aloha and Yokwe,
Jeanne

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
mulege, Mexico

Thank you, Shari, for the beautiful picture and narrative.

kb

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi Katie! I'm glad you got a chance to see this. You work so hard, I just assumed you'd probably miss em, happy that I was wrong. Take more time to rest my friend.

To any and all other lurkers...I sincerely hope you enjoy.

Yokwe,
Shari

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

With 249 posts and 1432 views, this thread has attracted an average number of lurkers. Nonetheless, those are great statistics, a testimony to the quality of your photography and narrative. Thanks again, Shari.

Sylvain.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Was asked to bump this up, someone - who shall remain nameless - said she couldn't find it.

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

And a good thing you did, Shari! I took some time today, and revisited Bali through your eyes and posts!
Hugs,
Alexandra

Falmouth, ME(Zone 5b)

Shari; I'm truly envious! What a gorgeous place. The monkeys... oh how I would love to see them. If there is more of your writings and pictures of your travels that I am missing, please give me (or Dmail me) the links... There are a few places I would like to see some day and now, added to the list, is Bali. Most of my interest in traveling is seeing the natural attractions and meeting the local people and learning about their culture. Bali looks like something to see! Thanks for sharing. Lisa

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Lisa, thank you for the kind comments, and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the pictures. Bali is a wonderful place, and I would love to share it with everyone! If you are really looking for more of my writing, just click on my name, and a list of my articles can be found on my home page. They are not really about my travels, but about life here on Kwaj. Hope to see more of you here in the Tropical Gardening Forum!

Yokwe,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Shari, Passport arrived yesterday.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

WooooHooooo!!!!! Do you feel like a whole person now? Ha Ha...you know I'm kidding! Did you see the posts that we are planning to be in Conus in the March time frame,...with a couple of days in TX for sure?

Yokwe,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

nooooooo... I did not...where are the posts?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ummm, not sure...ha ha! Anyway, daughter Nina is pregnant and will be going home to CO for the birth sometime in March. We will go home for a couple of weeks to be there on the auspicious day, then do some visiting...planning on a couple of days in the Dallas area, were hoping you could come up. Nothing carved in stone yet, and unfortuneately no set days yet...babies are notoriously fickle! But tentatively how does that sound to you?

Yokwe,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

okay...well if your flying CO, I suppose I could drive you there unless your throwing it in that big ticket!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

We have lots of time to plan the details, but I certainly wouldn't expect you to do that!

Yokwe,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay,

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Shari, a new Grand BABY, that's WONDERFUL! Congrat's! Any names picked out yet? That's super!

Here's a little piece of my jungle......

Aloha and Yokwe
Jeanne

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

After Bali, afraid DeSoto Texas will an awful let down. Can't wait! lalalalal

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Christi, you have a lovely home and garden!! Plus, DeSoto has YOU, Bali doesn't!
......There's no comparison! Shari will love being in YOUR home!!!!!!!!!!! Plus It's TEXAS! haha!

Note: In the original post I inadvertantly left the "i" off of the end of your name Christi. I sincerely apologize for the typo, and the way it made the post read. I apologize to anyone who was offended by this error; it was NOT intentional! Please forgive me, and I will be much more careful with my typing in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you DG Admin for editing the post. I am very proud to be apart of an organization of this calibur. Thank you!

Happy Gardening Everyone!

This message was edited Sep 13, 2009 11:14 PM

Chichester, NH(Zone 5b)

Wow, I just got finished with your beautiful trip to Bali, it bought back a lot of memories of when I went there many years ago. It is such a beautiful and magical place. I'm originally from Australia so it was a quick trip for me (actually it was a college trip with my class). I stayed in Sanur and Ubud also, it's amazing what they do with their gardens in those hotels! Would love to go back there again, but now we live in Florida and it's a bit too far away. Thank you for posting all the wonderful photos and commentary. I loved it.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

You are most welcome! I am so glad that you enjoyed the pics, and that they brought back your memories of this wonderful place.

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Shari, your journey was truly remarkable!. You both are great photographers !

I miss your wonderful articles. You should write more often.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.