Greenhouse: Backyard greenhouse for Zone 3, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Backyard greenhouse for Zone 3

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Backyard greenhouse for Zone 3
wrote:
My DD greenhouse is made of fiberglass on a flimsy aluminum frame. My DSIL is in the process of putting it together since it is a kit. He had to do a lot of securing to the ground due to high wind where they live. No mature trees since they live on the prairie. I can't find a photo of it that I took when done. She bought it from HARBOR FREIGHT.

My greenhouse is the 2nd photo. I have a plant stand in front to sell plants from. Only the front of the greenhouse has fiberglass all the way down. The frame is solid redwood. The long sides are solid on bottom 4 feet, with the upper flat fiberglass. The roof is corrugated fiberglass. For some reason I never took photos of just the greenhouse. Size was 26 ft x 16 ft to fit next to my house. The floor was poured cement. My carpenter ex-husband built it according to my plans.

Gosh CountryGarden, I hope you can fix it next spring. Mine was heavy so no problem with wind. My DD greenhouse really need to be secured. She uses it to start plants during spring.

This message was edited Dec 9, 2014 1:28 AM