Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18, 2 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18
Amargia wrote:
(Jim) Carrie, did you mean Memphis? I think that is where the National Civil Rights Museum is. Memphis is on the Mississippi River bordering Arkansas and the state of Mississippi. Nashville is in the central northern part of the state beside the Cumberland River. Memphis is a little larger, grittier and cutting edge in art and music than Nashville. Nashville is neater and more ostentatious. Art and music are tightly intertwined with commerce in Nashville and they are unapologetic about it. Southern musicians joke about “the Cashville music scene.” (Note that I’m under the influence of jazz fans so my opinion could be biased.)
The shortest route to Vermont for us is through Georgia and the Carolinas. We occasionally drive the length of AL and go through Chattanooga for a change and some highland scenery. I haven’t been to Nashville or Memphis in a long time so correct me if I’m wrong Tennesseans and native southerners.

Yes, it was simply routine maintenance and batteries to get the Jazzy going. The menu pops up on the Quantum. The signal lights come on and the seat adjust. I just can’t get it rolling. I want to figure out the model and find a manual before I attempt any repairs. The problem might be something simple I’m just not aware of. A foam cushion that wasn’t original to the Quantum came here with it but I don’t think it is roho. I had to look that up LOL.
Kay is using my manual w/c without the foot rest walking while sitting down basically. Her main back problem is scoliosis. She can still walk, but with a wide, awkward gait and pain. She insists of doing a horrible John Wayne impression to accompany her new gait. We prefer her to use the chair and not be addressed as “pilgrims.” I do think grabbing on to Fenny with her feet and getting the dog to pull her around is cheating.
Susan, I’ve always had the impression you are in SE Georgia. If that is the case, the varieties of broccoli recommended by the University of Florida might be the best choices for you also. ‘Atlantic’, ’Decicto’, ‘Green Comet’ ‘Green Duke’, ‘Green Mountain’, ‘Italian Green’ and ‘Packman’ Are all on their list. That said, we planted the old southern fall favorite, ‘Walton 29.’ ;-)
Picture 1 Dianthus.
Picture 2 Sunchoke and a guest.