Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014
works4me wrote:
Hello again,

Nev, we haven’t had any rain here but it has been blowing a gale … what a mess, pots blown over, plants broken off, sticks and leaves everywhere.

We have still been pruning back the gardens, still lots more to do. Hopefully we will get a bit of rain and everything will start shooting and look really good.

As for starting a new thread, I follow the directions that Sue posted some time back. It always takes me a while and I usually stuff it up at least once. I will attach the directions, as posted …

“Open a new tab, go to Daves Garden. Click on the Aussie forum, scroll to the bottom and choose 'new topic' put up a stunning pic (to draw people in) and a blurb about where we came from, then go back to your original tab (that has this thread on it) copy the address from the top, and go to the second tab and paste it in your post, then send.

Once that is done, view your new thread, copy the address from that one, and go back to your original tab, (with this thread) and paste the address for the new one”

Nev, Neo Dyn-o-mite has similar colouring to Perfection but has a smaller and more compact rosette. Mine is probably around 25 cm in diameter, I also have the albo version but it is only a small pup at the moment.

Neo Fire and Ice is similar to Burgundy Moss in colour but much larger, probably double the size.

I can’t tell you much about Skotak carolinae other than I purchased it on eBay and I assume it is a Chester Skotak hybrid. It’s not really obvious in the pic I posted but it has a kind of spiral look to it … I’ll have to find a better pic.

Great looking pics Nev, especially the Vr platynema variegata.

Teresa, so sorry to hear about your friend, what a terrible shock.

Colleen, hope you do well with your Hardward store brom sales. Good on you.

Pic 1 – Neo Grace, I love this one
Pic 2 – Neo Roy’s Special
Pic 3 – Neo Kahala Dawn
Pic 4 – Neo Beaming
Pic 5 – Neo Waterlily

That’s it for tonight, G’night all
Shirley