Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014, 1 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - September 2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi Teresa - I'm sorry to hear your terrible news this morning and I can imagine how you must be feeling. I too had some bad news yesterday, as a wonderful old lady who is a close friend in the Brom Society has been diagnosed with inoperable bowel and liver cancer, so I guess we are both feeling very "down" today.

On a brighter note, good luck with the job interview, I hope it turns out well for you. It's a pity you can't get a job as manager of a bromeliad nursery then you would have the best of both worlds.

I'll finish today with five pic's of plants all grown by my old friend above and shown in our annual shows. These show just what a marvelous brom grower she really is.

Although her main interest is Tillandsias, she does grow some other genera to perfection as well, such as this xneophytum "Galactic Warrior" (Pic.1) which has won her prizes at every show since I've been a member. Pic.2 is Neo. 'Fireball', Pic.3 is Neo. olens, Pic.4 is one of her favourite plants; Tillandsia ionantha, it is only half of its previous size as the wood it was mounted on broke into two pieces a couple of years back, however it's still good enough to win prizes and last year won Grand Champion. Pic.5 is another of her "Tillys" which she grows to perfection, Tillandsia recurvifolia subsecundifolia which is also a particular favourite of mine with it's lovely peach colouring.

All the best, Nev.