Daylilies: August 2014 Blooms, 1 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: August 2014 Blooms

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August 2014 Blooms
gen2026 wrote:
Hello all - been missing in action and trying to catch up! Ya'll have been BUSY posting and posting!! Beautiful blooms!! Love them all! Welcome Mary - loved the Lily that Mike attached the link to! Absolutely gorgeous - but then I love yellows.

I actually have a DL reblooming..... unfortunately, I can't find the tag so I don't know the name. I took this pic this past Saturday in the rain, but it was blooming again yesterday and still has 6 more buds on it! It is so awesome to have blooms in mid August....usually my blooms end in July. I guess our cooler and somewhat wetter summer has helped them survive the shorter periods of intense heat. Plus, we haven't broken 100 degrees but once I think all summer!! YAY!!! That is really good for us! In fact, they were saying on the weather that we have only had 26 days I believe with temps in the 90s. Almost unbelievably for us!

We went up North on vacation - and the temps here were as cool as where we were while we were gone. Was in the upper 90s the week before we left - so the cooler temps and a couple of rain showers helped my sister in dealing with the plants while we were gone.

Genna