Dahlias: Dahlias 2014 Part 4, 4 by psudan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright psudan

In reply to: Dahlias 2014 Part 4

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Dahlias 2014 Part 4
psudan wrote:
Although I didn't think I could make a bigger mess of mis-labeling plants than I did last year, I believe I may have achieved just that. Many seem to be in the wrong place. I charted all ten planters by tuber names when I started the them in April. Unless I took them out of the planters from the opposite end, I don't know how I messed up this badly. Each new bloom will probably be a surprise. These photos were taken early this morning and don't do the blooms justice. The first blooms are sometimes not the best and I can only hope that is the case with these.
1) Akita. It's already over 8".
2) Lady Darlene
3)Canby Centennial. This one can only get better.
4) Art Deco gallery. Looks much better than the photo. lol
5) Another shot of Lady Darlene.

Mary. Embrace is partially open and looks just like yours. Unless it changes drastically, it is not Embrace. How does yours look now?
The Japanese Beetles started off slowly this year but are now making up for lost time. Yesterday I squished at least twenty of them off the Kelvin Floodlight bloom I posted earlier and over a dozen more this morning. My second KFL has opened and they are already devouring it. I'll have to spray again as soon as our rains are over, although that may be a few days from now.

I'm heading out to fertilize with my bat guano. Rain is forecast by around 2:00 pm.