Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 1 by ctmorris

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ctmorris

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
ctmorris wrote:
Hi everyone. Another day with not much done outside and tomorrow I'm going to buy a new TV. The boys haven't had any TV for about 3 weeks so it's going to be a surprise for them. I watch what I want to see on the computer then I can watch it when I want to. We watched two DVD's of Nanny McPhee yesterday. I really enjoy some of those type of kids shows. The local actors here are doing Annie at the moment so I'm going with my boys and my son and his family to see it next Sunday. Something different for the boys. mind you I don't know if they'll like it. we'll see. Trish I haven't had one pup rot as yet, touch wood, and it is just so easy. Ian you have been busy and it's great that at least you can sell some of the broms that you don't want to take. minus8 brrrrrrrr we've had minus2 here but that was cold enough thank you very much. One bloke who lives in Dalby has lost quite a few of his broms to frost but not his Alcantrea Imperialis silver plum. That was a great story that he put up on FB about it's travels.Nev if you're looking in I'm ready to put in my order but I would like to have a chat to you so can I give you a ring?. When's the best time? Well must get ready for some shut eye myself. Have a great day tomorrow. Shirley you sneaked in just ahead of me then so I've come back to answer your questions. The first lot I did took about 2 weeks to root but this lot have taken about 6-8weeks. I have them in a cardboard box with about 3-4" of about week old lawn clippings, so not completely dry cuttings then I just put water in the well and leave them. It makes the jobs so much easier for me so will continue to do them like this I think. Any pups that I take off with roots already on them go straight into the pots though. Colleen

This message was edited Jul 21, 2014 9:48 PM