Lilies: 2014 lilies, 1 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: 2014 lilies

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of 2014 lilies
DonnaMack wrote:
Second bloom on orienpet Blueberry Crush (I asked miscanthus graziella to move out of the way but she said nah! - move the blasted lily!

The second lily is Dimension, a fragrant longiflorum asiatic I got for the ridiculous price of $3.00 each, or three or more for $2.50 each at Hallson's Nursery, which is best known for hostas. But they sent me four! Strong stems. Note that this first year lily (the one to one side of it hasn't opened yet) has four buds! I don't recall what the lily behind it is in the third picture but I'm sure I'll find out!

And the fourth picture is my ever reliable (and out of commerce!!!) trumpet Silver Sunburst. I have to thank Scott at Old House Gardens for this one. I ordered Black Dragons that never appeared (and apparently true stock of Black Dragon is also out of commerce) and he sent me this instead. It's so prolific I have given away five over time.

And Mary, you wrote on another thread that you wanted to start growing lilies in clusters to see what they looked like. The fifth picture shows five (of six) second year stems of Sorbonne. B&D were blowing them out last year. It's supposed to be Diana's favorite pink lily, and it is incredibly easy to grow. I moved three in bloom last year. And did I mention the scent? I brought a single flower into the house, and while not being kick you in the head strong, I could smell it upon entering the room three days later.