Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Chillybean

In reply to: Daily Bird Pictures volume 458

Forum: Bird Watching

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Daily Bird Pictures volume 458
Chillybean wrote:
Hack,
I had seen a picture from long ago of a male Cardinal feeding a fish like that. It seems it is the big yellow mouths that attract them. They've gone to other begging birds as well. They really are not smart birds, thus provide loads of entertainment for humans.

I had a rollover... no, no cell phone (I abhor those things), but it was fresh gravel and being fairly new to the country, I did not take it as slow as I should have. I still think how Someone's guiding hand protected us. I feel a little guilt as I could have killed my husband and all my children. Driving after that was too stressful, I'd have intestinal distress. Also I have wonky vision, only focusing out of one eye at a time, so I just gave up my license. I wonder how this messed up the state's system, no current license, no photo ID. Does this mean I do not exist?? ;)

Did you have to talk to the police, being a witness to all that?

I do not think I posted this here, but we found a use for Grackles. Whoa, they do not like squirrels. One came by last Wednesday and the Grackles really gave it a run for its money. But when it came again Thursday (the last time we saw it), not only the Grackles, but also the Barn and Tree Swallows got in the action. It was just hysterical. Now we know why they have those long tails. See it being used as a shield? LOL I think it was eating cicadas.