Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Your Neck Of the Woods part11 Independance Day, 4 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: Your Neck Of the Woods part11 Independance Day

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Your Neck Of the Woods part11 Independance Day
HollyAnnS wrote:
There is this house about a 1/2 hr drive from us. Not on our regular route so I don't see it often. It has the most interesting pond(?). We were out that way today and happened to have the camera so I took a few pictures. I think there is a Spring Head where this is. I had thought that the small building to the side might be a spring house but it isn't. The whole area is surrounded by limestone walls. The water is very very clear looks about 2ft deep but with the clarity it could be much deeper. I just think it is the most interesting spot.
First pic shows the front area closest to the road.
Second Pic is a bit hard to see but that bridge goes over the water and that whole area behind it to the back limestone wall is water. The was a good bit of algea growing back there so it just looks green in the picture.
Third Pic more of that back pond area. It is huge, notice the steps in the backwall that go down from the upper yard to the waters edge.
Fourth Pic Interesting stone fence along the road.
Fifth Pic Front area along the road, at this end where the walls taper to a point the water runs under the road and comes out on the other side.