Photo by Melody

Coneflowers: ALL "WHITES" TODAY FROM GARDEN ONE....., 1 by kingconeflower

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kingconeflower

In reply to: ALL "WHITES" TODAY FROM GARDEN ONE.....

Forum: Coneflowers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of ALL "WHITES" TODAY FROM GARDEN ONE.....
kingconeflower wrote:
Thank you momlady....You are in zone 6a.....Coneflowers should do well there....They can even tolerate in cooler conditons.....After established, can withstand drought....Don't like real wet, soggy soil, but rather drained soil with plenty of organic matter....They do tolerate some shade, as mine get 6-8 hours a day of shade....Garden one of mine is almost in full bloom. but garden two, that receives a few less hours of sun is doing fine, but behind the first....Only water for 2 or so weeks after planting, transplanting....During the "first year," only water during extended dry spells....The plants will let you know by just looking at them....You have to learn to let them "stand on their own!"....Out of my over 30 varieties, I have only watered 3 of them this year, and they are transplants....And I'm done watering them.....Too much watering on coneflowers, plus humidity and over fertilizing can lead to big problems, like "powdery mildew!"....If you are using the right type of soil, and getting sun, I don't see how you can't grow them....Good luck and give it a try!!!!.....Here's my indoor kitchen counter....lol....Bromelaids!!