Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: It is June let's see the daylilies and everything else !, 4 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: It is June let's see the daylilies and everything else !

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of It is June let's see the daylilies and everything else !
gen2026 wrote:
Whew..... I got way behind and have been catching up! Such gorgeous blooms everyone!! I would love to have a pond too - but I am worried about it attracting snakes! Everyone I know around here that has swimming pools has snakes in them....... I really do not want any snakes! I love frogs, especially tree frogs, so that wouldn't be a problem.....

Charlotte, I had to come close to tripling the mixture in my RU in order to touch my trumpet vine that was trying to take over my fence! I sprayed it one year with a normal mixture - didn't phase it. Sprayed it later that year with double strenght and it seemed to stunt it for a few weeks but never killed it. Last year I was determined and I mixed it triple strength and sprayed it. FINALLY got it. I will admit that IF I had known the trick about using the foam brush, I probably could have coated the leaves really well by hand with it at double strength and gotten it - but I had so much of it that it would have taken a long time!

I need to go out in the woods and rake up some pine straw..... but there again, I am a little concerned with what I might find in it.

Here are a few of my blooms....
Midas Magic - first bloom I have had of this one. Planted it last year but it didn't bloom
Persian Ruby Clump - this one is one of my favorites - the picture doesn't do it justice.
Orange Crush - first bloom of this one for me
Startle
Hold your Horses - Look Sandra, I have had this one on my want list so long I forgot it is one of the ones that I ordered last fall and just got in back in May. It is still in the pot, but it is blooming up a storm!