Roses: What is your favourite climbing rose? Part 2, 3 by lelamarie

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright lelamarie

In reply to: What is your favourite climbing rose? Part 2

Forum: Roses

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What is your favourite climbing rose? Part 2
lelamarie wrote:
I have a rose "Soaring Flight" that comes from Heirloom Roses and I think the bred it. It is not well known it seems, but it is an incredible continual blooming rambler. It grew very fast from a small ORR. It is now about 15 x 15 and I have to prune it throughout the summer and fall to keep in reined in. I love this rose. I wish more people knew about it and bought it because I think "Heirloom Roses" may not carry it any more.. I agree with one of the other bloggers. I think a lot of places are selling less and less of these roses for the new, what they push as disease resistant and I have had more blackspot on my KO rose then any other roses.
I also love Josephs Coat climber, Don Juan, Crimson Sky. I also do like Flutterbuy because it is pretty and easy to grow and needs little care. Lady Banks in a wonderful rose but only blooms once a year but really puts on a show.. I love Seven Sisters. Oh and don't forget Dortmund which grows fast and blooms all year, beautiful red single blooms with bright yellow center.

Here are some uploads of Soaring Flight.. a great rambler