Photo by Melody

Water Gardening: Some one dug this hole at least 50 years ago, 3 by gessieviolet

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gessieviolet

Subject: Some one dug this hole at least 50 years ago

Forum: Water Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Some one dug this hole at least 50 years ago
gessieviolet wrote:
When I moved into my house about 30 years ago there was a huge hole filled with weeds and growth. Someone many years earlier hand dug and concreted a hole right outside the kitchen door.

My wife and I decided to try to make it a fish pond again. We were completely ignorant where to start, that was the days before the internet, we live in a small town with few resources; first I tried to fiberglass over the cement, worked for a while, then lined with poly liner

When info came readily available via internet, my dreams really went into high gear, unrealistically dreamed of sparkling clear running water, spent a lot of money and wasted a lot of time before I came to the conclusion that for me a naturally balanced eco-system for my pond was more realistic.

What a joy this hole in the ground has become during the past few years. I have experienced many surprise results The photo of the pond shows it in April 2014 just as getting started . Will publish later pictures if any one interested.