Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18, 3 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #18
Amargia wrote:
Most of the blind people I know can make good coffee without making a mess. That leads me to conclude the problem really isn't my eyes. The cuisinart coffee maker sounds like my kind of kitchen gadget
My sister gave me a magnetic stove. I use that for what little cooking I do. Unlike the coffee maker, it's idiot proof. No matter where on the cooking surface the pan is placed, it heats up beneath the pan and nowhere else. I would have to try very hard to burn myself using it. The downside is a magnetic stove only works with steel pans. I had to buy new pans because what I had was copper bottomed
I'll read Cooking Without Looking and Jim can read the Wheelchair Chef this winter when we have time… just in case the Kitchen Queen decides to abdicate.
It's a rainy and chilly day. Flood watches are in effect again. I can see why people who don't quite get the difference between weather and climate doubt global warming. The phrase "Climate change" is not as confusing.
The cool season vegetables have enjoyed our prolonged Spring and we are enjoying salads from the garden. Fruit is already set on the trees and bushes. The unseasonable chill shouldn't be a problem. Mr. Ruby-throated was smarter than I thought. He is currently guarding an open hibiscus blossom. I thought it would be at least another week before the buds opened.
Ah, it has stopped raining and the sun is peeking out. I'll put a few more glad and freesia bulbs in the ground while I have a chance. mk*