California Gardening: 2014 Spring Roundup?, 2 by SingingWolf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SingingWolf

In reply to: 2014 Spring Roundup?

Forum: California Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of 2014 Spring Roundup?
SingingWolf wrote:
Okay, I'll take the plunge, and open up discussion about having a Round Up this year. Anyone besides me interested? Does anyone want to host it? I don't mind hosting again, but someone else might like the opportunity to host the event and show off their beautiful garden. I always learn a lot by looking at other folks gardens. :-)
I have a lot of extra plants started but will wait to provide a list until we have a couple of people showing they are interested in a get together.
Sounds about right to me.
So folks, chime in, and let me know your thoughts. At this point I'm open to place and time. Although, it's usually best to have the get together on a Saturday. I may have trouble getting a ride any other day of the week. :-)
I have been really busy in the garden this year and have been growing a lot of 'new to me' seeds. I'm working hard to improve the butterfly host and nectar plants. I still have a lot of succulents and some tropicals growing. My greenhouse is morphing into more of a working place and less a rehab facility. Although, me and my handicapped dog still enjoy swimming in the pool. I've almost got all my strawberry plants out of the ground and either hanging in bags or (almost) planted in a raised planter. I built it myself, with a little help from DH when I needed four hands, and I forgot to take photos of the process. OOPs!
Here's a photo of the almost finished project. I'm not happy yet with the spacing between the bags, and will probably adjust that. As it gets settled in, it appears to be tilting, so I'll have to correct that. Still and all, it sure beats bending over to pick strawberries and I no longer battle the slugs and snails for the berries. :-D
You should see the passionfruit in there. I can already see lots of fruit forming. It's great. Even better, I was talking to a restaurant owner who is interested in my excess fruit. :-) My blueberries are starting to fruit, too. I'm really happy so far with what I'm accomplishing.
I digress. Please let me know what's going on in your gardens.
Walk In Beauty~
SingingWolf