Peonies: Where to put 'Molly the Witch", 1 by Pistil

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pistil

Subject: Where to put 'Molly the Witch"

Forum: Peonies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Where to put 'Molly the Witch"
Pistil wrote:
Hi Peony People. I got a Paeonia mlokosewitschii in a gallon pot for just $14.99 on Saturday. I first noticed it for the pretty leaves, which do not look like my other peonies. It was an impulse purchase so now I have to put it somewhere. The leaves were pretty enough that I might put it by a Geranium x magnificum at my entryway. I think they might even bloom at the same time, but even if not the leaf contrast would be lovely. It would be directly by the path so seen close up all the time. Some peonies flop terribly, and are not very attractive after flowering, so if this is likely to do so it can't go there. Also, my book says 2 ft tall, but if it is likely to be much taller it should not go there. I garden near Seattle, this spot is full sun. If Molly wants a bit of shade I will have to put her somewhere else.
What do you all think?
p.s. I might like to try growing seedlings for trade, as there seem to be lots of folks looking for Molly in the tradelists. . Nearby are two tree peonies, and two Paeonia lutea. Bartzella is in the backyard. Is Molly likely to come true to seed?