Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Brugmansias in February 2014, 1 by SolMan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SolMan

In reply to: Brugmansias in February 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Brugmansias in February 2014
SolMan wrote:
Cestrum, I have a number of Jacayna crosses and they all seem to have very strong suaveolens influiance this is not really a bad thing if your really interested in hybridising as the color should come out if you cross back with a double
If you look on the first post
[quote="SolMan"]This is where 2013 ends
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1343023/
I do find that the color range is vast in this cross and am happy with it,
Just like Chrissy stated the Germans have stopped using it but we would not have some of the most amazing plants in the world with out it
I have also known that White Ruff is a bad parent tho I have found with Brilliant Orange its a stron color trait even with such strong genes as WR

Congrat to Dianne for the most currant of crosses to be named which I only found out last night going throw the BGI gallery which is Peach Fantasy

Also with the new features in the BGI gallery of the family tree Al has been doing much work and I have been looking after all the Australia CV as the pic's come throw but then Al check them and then adds to the gallery
Its a great tool an instant look at the genealogy of a plant Cv