Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2014 - another month of "Polar Vortexes"., 2 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2014 - another month of "Polar Vortexes".

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of February 2014 - another month of "Polar Vortexes".
shortleaf wrote:
You never misled me, happ. The ones you said root in water are still in water, the 4 or 5 Pothos cuttings I got. I looked at them yesterday, they still look good. I still have the previous ones that are in soil, they look pretty bad, I think they're on the way out. I thought it would be okay to root the Echeveria in water as well, but the instrux I read were pretty firm against the water contact. They'd only been in water for a day or so, last nite I plucked them out to dry them out. The instrux say to let them callous over so I may do that too for a few days. I'd never blame anybody else for anything I tried not working out, alot of people have more experience with plants than I do. I always appreciate tips and advice from anybody willing to give them. I'd never tell anybody, "that so and so did me wrong!". I know guys can be kinda insensitive about little things like that, but I try not to be.
I see in the pics, you have the same Echeveria there, happ, a big one and a little one, nice work with all the starts. Oh, that last pic is very similar to my vertical garden that I'm making and also the picture on that when I bought it, here's a photo of it. - These pics are about a week old, I hadn't yet put the Echeveria in the middle like the 3rd pic. - I know that Echeveria looks all cut up but it must be okay with it, yesterday I noticed it had a nice white flower blooming on it. That's a good idea to grow with other plants but all my other plants are in the garage, it's about 10 to 15 degrees colder down there. I might be compromising cuttings with the temperature. I'd like to get a warmer mat or mats, but I haven't got them yet, I need to remember them when I go again for garden stuff.