Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: February 2014 - another month of "Polar Vortexes"., 4 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: February 2014 - another month of "Polar Vortexes".

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of February 2014 - another month of "Polar Vortexes".
shortleaf wrote:
My paternal grandmother only lived to be 87 and she outlived 2 of 4 of her kids.
Those kids didn't die from natural causes though, my Dad walked into a hospital here and left dead 2 days later and an Aunt had a brain tumor.

Well, I went shopping for all kinds of garden goodies. I went to 2 thrift stores and got numerous items.
But, I got a semi-nice pot for $18 from Walmart and those aforementioned cuttings too, (Pothos 'Marble Queen' and Golden Pothos). I still haven't got up the things to get a $40 pot. But the $18 one is pretty nice, it's a 16" resin light pot made to look like a fancy concrete pot but it's shiny too.
I figure I'm starting small and working my way up to a big, high class pot.

Before we know it there won't be anymore cold but about 80° during the day! : )

I got an overall photo of almost everything that I got yesterday. - pic #1 Those 4 saucers over on the right are a set of 4 Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn plates by Currier and Ives, they are neat.
Clay pots should fit right on them swimmingly. All kidding aside, I may get that Plant Chandelier that pepper suggested in which I'll need clay pots, lots of them. This little cactus I plan to be the centerpiece of a cactus dish I want to make. - pic #2 Here are the set of 4 saucers that I boast about. - pic #3 This is that big semi-fancy pot. - pic #4

I just edited to say that I went on Ebay and searched those Currier and Ives saucers, somebody is trying to sell them for $12.75! - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Currier-Ives-Americana-Saucers-the-4... Funny though, those aren't exactly the same plates as mine, mine aren't chipped eitherr. Although, it looks like they aren't getting any takers yet and the auction is ending in 11 hrs. Wow, and nearly $8 for shipping. I got them for 99 cents apiece, I need to shop thrift stores more often. I like colorful or nicely painted saucers/plates and of course no chips anywhere.

This message was edited Feb 2, 2014 2:53 PM