Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 126, 1 by DawnSong

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 126

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 126
DawnSong wrote:
Hello everyone. I have been absent for some time but its been a time of healing and getting used to the new me. Sickness is not something I tolerate easily and I cut back on a lot of my activities on the web to keep things easy for myself. I've kept up with some of you on FB.

I have a poser here that I would love to share, and get comments, advice, anything really. I have a rather wild crepe myrtle tree that is around 35 years old now, and sending suckers out which I'm constantly cutting off but not actually removing the source. One of the repeat offenders which grew normal green leaves like the mother plant has suddenly sprouted a variegated leaf. I've searched the web for variegated crepe myrtle, to no avail. Has anyone got one, heard of one, have any info at all on var. crepe myrtle leaves?

Pics 1 & 3 are the rogue mystery leaf plant. 2 and 4 are the mother tree which is in flower at the moment. Any comments appreciated.