Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014, 5 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, It is nice and hot here, did someone say 43. well that was in my bush house yesterday. Nearly the same as yours Cody, except that we use Celcius and you use farenheit. ours is 109.4. I found plenty of shade for myself.
Today I watered again and am surprised to find the Ae lueddemanniana group in full sun not too bad. I thought they would be fried to a crisp but they are only bleached. I will let well enough alone. I rested today and only had a 1/2 hr nanna nap. I have been making sure the roots have plenty of water so that the roots can keep up with the evaporation. Well that is my thinking anyway. Some plants just had to be moved a while ago as they were burning in early November. Not only have I got seedlings to deal with I also have a few plants with pups on them just waiting to be removed and then need to be located. A few pups that I have I am looking at for breeding stock. Some will make it and others I will get rid of. Some I have no choice as some plants are replacement puppers only. Neo Pitch Black is supposedly one of these.
That's all folk.
Have a good one.
Ian
Pic 1 Bill Golden Joy 01 01 2014
Pic 2 Flower from 1
Pic 3 Neo Yellow Devil
Pic 4 Bill Afterglow
Pic 5 Neo Yellow King and Medallion U S A