Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 126, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 126

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 126
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. I have been pottering around outside for the morning but the cold wind finally drove me inside.
I was out in the more sheltered side of the garden , if you could call it that . At least the wind wasnt so bad and i could do a bit of weeding.
Now that lunch is done, I will stay inside with a book as it has become very overcast which may bring rain.

Very pretty brug Colleen.
In regard to azaleas etc, I found that they would do okay for year then slowly die, whether in the ground or pots.
After losing them all, I decided to try them on the veranda and use only rainwater on them.
A couple still died, but I put that down to weaker, pot bound small plants, as all the others are doing very well.
Even my gardenias are looking good. My rhododendron is putting on a second lot of new leaves.
I think the water here has too much calcium in it for a lot of acid loving plants . Some can live with it others just give up.

Teresa, like you, I am not complaining about my weather too much, as its better than the heat up north at the moment.

Have to go out and water the broms in the greenhouse later, but its nice in there out of the weather.

Hello to everyone looking in.
Al, Moon & Charleen, keep safe and warm over there.

Anthony . hope your bulbs are all doing well.
Dianne, love all your lovely plants.
Watch out for that Archie . I feel some mischief is coming.

Heres a nibble for afternoon tea, too late for morning tea...lol....Cream Cheese Pound Cake..

Happy day and stay safe.
Jean.