Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014, 5 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
The sun is shining and its a nice cool morning.
Supposed to get up to around 38C, but down here thats nothing like the heat you all get further north.
I know what its like from when I lived in northern WA for over 20 years.
Yesterday was cold and windy but did improve by evening , just when one is inside...lol

Shirley, I was looking at a couple of my broms that have small burn marks from our very hot day a few weeks ago.
Now I hear about your poor broms , I am sorry I was moaning about such a minor thing compared to your poor cooked fellows.
I hope you can save most , at least for pups to come from them.

I have found that even though the direct sun itself can do plenty of damage, its the high air temps that can affect even those with cover.
The only solution would be to cover the entire property with a climate controlled cover ..
I can picture lots of enormous igloos all over the place....lol

Sorry Shirley and anyone else with the heat problems. I am not meaning to make light of your poor broms damage.

Nev, I had to laugh at you having a granny nap. Now you may find it becomes a habit...lol
You would have needed one after all that running around.
Utes are like that, they attract work..

Teresa, keep looking around as you are sure to find a brom seller on the south island...
Keep an eye out if you are walking anytime as you may see broms in a garden and can ask about pups.

Colleen, I always said you would need a second storey on your brom house.
The dear things seem to multiply overnight.One minute you have a new empty brom house , next they are spilling out the door...lol

Cody, you definitely need a another brom as a friend for the one you have.
They are such pretty plans to have around.

Hello to everyone and i hope all those not well are soon feeling much better.

I finally took a few new pics yesterday.

pic 1..one of my new tills leiboldiana var guttata

pic 2...till leiboldiana ex Panama

pic 3...neo Rosetta, looking beautiful.

pic 4... neo Lila. color is more bright pink than camera shows.

pic 5... a very pretty noid.

Jean.

t