Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014, 5 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR EVERYONE IN 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

well, here we are in 2014, hope it turns out to be a good year for everyone.

Jean, thanks so much for starting the new thread. Since I have been really slack and haven’t posted or even had a read of the posts for a few days, I had best go back and start with the December thread first.

Trish, a belated happy birthday to Joe for Dec 28th. Sounds like you had a very enjoyable drive on Saturday with lots of tempting sampling along the way. Michael is feeling much better, thanks. He had his sutures out last Friday and has to see the Dr again tomorrow. We are hoping he will get the all clear and also gets the go ahead to start doing some chores around the property. There is lots of slashing and mowing to be done and some chain sawing too. Mind you, unless it cools down a bit, we won’t be venturing out to do anything much … it has been un-bloody-believably HOT here the last week or so and we’ve had just a piddly little bit of rain from a storm the other night.

Trish, that’s a lovely gesture, taking the toys and beds to the RSPCA, good on you.

Nev, I have added your name to the neo Strawberry list. Neo Wally does have similar colouring to Enchantment but is a much smaller plant. That’s great colour in your Cruenta Broadleaf. That neo in your pic 5 of 28/12 is just beautiful, I love the compact ones with the wide leaves … could there be Royal Cordovan in there somewhere?

Jean, I have Kahala Dawn and Kahala Sunset and have tried a number of times to buy Kahala Midnight on eBay but have continually been outbid. Love your little furry visitor, we have quite a few around at the moment but I would never attempt to pat one. We were told of someone who lives locally who attempted to pick one up and almost had his arms shredded, but they do look cute.

Gee, your broms look good now Jean, so much colour. What is the one with the albo margination at the bottom of pic 5 (group shot), looks like it could be concentrica albo, it’s very nice.

Ian, great to see you’re still around and keeping busy and enjoying your time off work. Your neo Grace is stunning.

Nev, I totally agree with you that too much money goes up in smoke on new year’s eve. Every year it has to be bigger and better than the previous year and I think it is overkill and some of the money could be better spent.

Cody, nice to hear from you again, hope both you and Alex are doing well.

Teresa, hope you have a wonderful 2014.

Breeindy, nice pics, happy new year to you too.

Colleen, it’s great to see you back here, it’s been a while … hope you stay. Hope you have been keeping well and the boys too.

Nev, no Mango Champagne for me though I have been enjoying quite a few fresh mangoes. And I have to admit to more than a couple of Baileys … once you open a bottle you have to drink it or it will evaporate you know.

I have a variegated mini which is named Rosy Fireball which I got from Wendy and it looks similar to the pics of neo Fallan, I’ll see if I can find a pic.

Pic 1 – neo Rosy Fireball, pic 2 – neo Apricot Nectar, pic 3 – neo Hearts Music x Grace Darling, pic 4 – neo Pascoaliana, pic 5 – our alarm clock.

Bye for now, Shirley