Greenhouse: Harbor Freight Automatic Vent Opener, 2 by bezziec

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bezziec

In reply to: Harbor Freight Automatic Vent Opener

Forum: Greenhouse

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Harbor Freight Automatic Vent Opener
bezziec wrote:
Thank you all for sharing your information. We already have the wireless thermometer with the sensor in the GH and the readout in the kitchen. Very handy.

My husband has read all these suggestions and will use some of them. My GH is very small; (2 1/2' X 8' lean to). We were restricted in size because we have a boat parked in the side yard and had to leave room to get the lawnmower, wheelbarrow, etc. through. Some day I would like to trade the boat for a larger GH. LOL Except for the very coldest of nights, we are able to maintain adequate heat with a 32 gallon garbage can full of water heated with a 200 watt aquarium heater. That also causes evaporation for humidity. My main usage is to overwinter plants, but I am also starting a few seeds for a jump on spring.

As usual, we are probably over thinking this issue. It is not a matter of life or death if these plants don't make it, but I would really sad if they froze!! Here are pictures of my little project, showing that it is stuffed full. The blue barrel on the outside that you can see is for collection of water he drains from his aquariums, then I water my plants with it. Good fertilizer. Thanks again for the information. This is my first GH, so we are learning as we go.