Central Midwest Gardening: Dec. 2013, Happy Holidays!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Dec. 2013, Happy Holidays!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Dec. 2013, Happy Holidays!
shortleaf wrote:
A "home scrounger sprouter", it looks like a dish that I'd use too! I have something like that underneath this Strawberry Geranium/Begonia! - Mine might be a dish from Fazolis, I don't remember, I've had it for awhile. I brought that plant up here because I intend to get new plants from those babies soon. - pic #1

Here's what the ground out the front door looks like here. It's COLD and pretty white. pic #2
That was a dusting too, I don't know the exact amount, I haven't heard.

Boy, the Chiefs really stuck it to the Washington Redskins today, 45 to 10! Dwayne Bowe will probably smoke some weed after this game! That was a joke, he got caught with weed in his car a couple weeks ago by the police! lol

My eyes are watering just thinking about you eating a radish sprout!

Did you find some faery things, Ronna? That would kinda be fun shopping for that stuff.

I have yet another pic of my plants overwintering in the basement! - pic #3

I don't think my Rubber Tree is going to start from a leaf cutting, it seems to just be having the bouquet effect on my 2 Rubber Tree leaves, one in water and one in soil, neither have roots.
It does however start from regular cuttings I read but it looks like I'll only get 3 or 4 cuttings right now. -
http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/rubber-tree/prop...

In this fifth pic you can see the big Rubber Tree, with the catgrass on it. That lower big branch on the right of it will provide the cuttings, it is a big branch. I could kick myself for pruning it way up about 3 years ago! At the time it didn't occur to me to get cuttings but I cut a LOT off of it then!
Will