Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - November 2013, 3 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - November 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - November 2013
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
Boy what a great read of all the posts. I needed a break in the middle for lunch.
I went out this morning to take a few pics so will have something to add to my post this time.

Thanks for the comments regarding the air movement in my greenhouse tunnel. I have decided not to worry about it as the brugs were living in there for quite a while and doing well before I altered it.
They will survive. I am not one to fuss over plants too much. I look after them as best i can and they seem to get on well .

I found that my large vriesea heiroglyphica x Red Chestnut is starting a bud way down in the center. I didnt see it until I moved the plant lower so I can now look down into the center.
I also found the small vriesea Lucille with a bud coming up. .
My large vr vegans has not flowered but is putting out a pup.

I can see lots of color coming int o the broms now the weather is getting warmer.

Love reading about how you all grow your seeds. I am learning but wont be doing too much as I dont have the room. My vriesea seeds are sitting on the lounge table near the window and are all coming along very nicely . The first lot of seeds I grew are from my noid neos , They are about 1cm high now.

I love all the pics, but wont go into detail for each persons pics. . I just want them all. lol

Ian , nice to see your bills. I am getting very fond of my bills and must get a few more.
I do like the stripes on your aech Yarn.
I am like Shirley and partial to stripes .

I may have to try and arrange another space to hang bills. I was going to hang some between the others and use chains to hang them lower. This will spoil the view of my broms on the ground so I will have a rethink.
I may put a steel pole up between the shadehouses . I still have room inside one shadehouse which will still give them plenty of light.

Rats, eating seedlings ugh. We ha d rats here a couple of years ago and they ate all my lilium bulbs I had stored. Buggers..

Wendy, your tills are so pretty. I just may get back into a few now the greenhouse is done. They would like it in here.

You were all chatting abut Blackout and I must admit the dark broms do look well against the bright colors of the others. I have neo Midnight , which I love.

Tash , your Chantinniis are so beautiful. My new one is looking good but I am keeping it in the greenhouse as I dont want to lose it. The first one I had was a lot smaller and died in the winter a few years ago.

Lovely to see you pop in again Sue. Your garden must be alive with color now.
Better add some pics and then go do some spraying . I need to get at the brugs before the spider mites do.

pic 1.....neo Midnight. great contrast plant.

pic 2....vr heiroglyphica x Red Chestnut...if you look closely there is a bud coming

pic 3...vr ospinae gruberi looking very beautiful

pic 4....vr Barbara

Jean.

This message was edited Nov 6, 2013 3:14 PM