Photo by Melody

Coleus: This year's coleus plants: disappointment or celebration?, 2 by WormsLovSharon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WormsLovSharon

In reply to: This year's coleus plants: disappointment or celebration?

Forum: Coleus

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of This year's coleus plants: disappointment or celebration?
WormsLovSharon wrote:
I am attempting to grow coleus cuttings again this year. Right now they are doing wonderful. They have not needed watering in over three weeks. They are in the garage winter garden area inside the three tier zip up greenhouses. My biggest problems was always over watering.

The mother plants just wilted last night from the cold.

I am also trying to root some guinea impatiens. They have been in water for 5 days and have roots everywhere. I put them in water because I needed to put together some potting mix. I just meant to keep them fresh not rooted.

I also hung a fly catcher in the garage area but so far have not caught anything but I did a through job of cleaning each area and each plant that was moved inside.

The photos were taken two days ago of all my zone pushing plants that are now in the 3rd car section of the garage.

First photo tropical hibiscus. Second are plumeria and delonix. Third is zipper greenhouse with first shelf of coleus cuttings. Forth is Philippine violet. Philippine violet was a gift from Kay Jones in Florida.