Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - November 2013, 4 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - November 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - November 2013
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Shirley thanks heaps for starting this November thread. What a beautiful pic you added of your Vriesea 'Jungle Carpet', it's a real stunner.

Everyone, just a quick drop in tonight as we have been out most of the day and then had to go out for dinner. I did manage to sneak in a little brom time, potting up some broms and raked up some leaves so that was nice and Joe mowed the lawn so the garden looks reasonably neat and tidy. Tomorrow we have friends turning up mid morning to spend the day with us so that will be nice as we have not seen them for a very long time, I can't wait to see the expression on their face when they see all my broms he he.

Hi Nev / Shirley, you both asked about a couple of broms in some of my pics from last month, one was Neo' 'Von Cos' like Shirley guessed (good guess Shirl') and the pale looking Neo' was 'Georges Prince'.

Nev thanks for the great advice on what to possibly do with my seedlings for when I take the lids off some of the trays, I am looking forward to giving this a go given now that so many of my vriesea seedlings are touching the lids. I was not too sure if this was the right time of year to do so and it was great to hear that it is a good time of year to try this method.

Hi Jean sounds like you are keeping busy in the garden as usual and really enjoying every minute, enjoy the sunshine. The Vriesea pics you posted last month look fantastic and have great colour coming out in them.

Hi Bree your Pic 2 NOID is lovely and not one I have seen before? Great colours also in all your other broms too.

Anyway I better head off as early wakeup tomorrow as few things to do in the garden before our friends arrive that I just need to get done this weekend.

Hi to everyone else looking in or on the sick list.

Happy Gardening!

Trish