Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #17, 5 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #17

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #17
Amargia wrote:
It is more trick, than treat for us this Halloween. Plumbing cost are now up in the thousands. We have to run new field lines for the septic tank and take down 5 large trees. Only two of the trees could possibly be the source of the trouble, but when an arborist needs heavy equipment for a job, it is best to get as much work done at that time as possible. Much of the cost an arborist charges for large jobs is for getting the equipment to your location. There is sort of a quantity discount thing going on. Thus, the cost of home repair and improvement escalates without anything exactly going wrong.
We will be going from shade to full sun in many places with the loss of the trees. That means moving plants that would scald in the winter sun. I am stiff and sore already from all the digging.

The garden did give me a sweet treat around sundown. An incredibly fragrant brugmansias Amargia was given at the spring RU opened at dusk. It is a perfect distance from the porch. The scent is pervasive, but not overpowering as I sit in my rocking chair and breathe the last sweet breath of summer. Record breaking low temps are on the horizon. (sigh)
Happy Halloween! Hope all of you get more treats than tricks. Mk*
Photo #1 Brugmansias.
Photo #2+ Happy Halloween!!!

This message was edited Oct 31, 2013 10:27 AM