Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: Have you placed an order(s) with a Canadian on-line nursery?, 3 by poinget

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright poinget

In reply to: Have you placed an order(s) with a Canadian on-line nursery?

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Have you placed an order(s) with a Canadian on-line nursery?
poinget wrote:
I've received my peony orders and I'm happy with how they turned out. The first pic is of the peonies from La Pivoinerie d'Aoust. The smallest had 3 eyes - one of the first to sell out. The rest had more than 5. They were packed in peat moss as a single lump and arrived without incident. She also gave me an extra - Horizon. It was very nice of her. It wasn't one I would have chosen, but I can see why she had chosen it and am now looking forward to its bloom next year.

Her automated ordering system was easy and she replied quickly to emails. I had to call Lindsay to add to my order, which was no trouble, but I did wish she had called me back as her window of availability is very narrow. I had to catch her between 6-7am my time - I'm not a morning person! I eventually caught her but it turned out I had called her on a holiday - I was embarrassed. I blame the hour. :) She was very nice about it.

Pics 2-4 are from Boreal Farms. Just wow. They were huge. They were packed individually in peat moss. No problems with transport. #2 is of Mrs. FDR, #3 of Pink Jitterbug, #4 of Sunny Girl. FDR had about 15 eyes. Sunny Girl was the smallest with 9.

The owner, Ursula Brons, had notified me when she had received my order and told me when she would be sending it. I experienced no problems and I'm delighted with the product. The company isn't listed on the Watchdog.

#5 is from Les Jardins Osiris. I'll add more photos on my next post. The roots are grown in pots which was why they are compact. They were packed in moss and some parts arrived moist. I sat them out so they could dry a bit. The order was loosely packed in a box, but there was no damage or mess from the journey.

This message was edited Sep 21, 2013 10:21 PM