Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16, 2 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16

Forum: Accessible Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16
Amargia wrote:
Prayers for both of you from all of us here. I know where you are coming from. Jim contacted the VA about problems with his w/c, as instructed, But it would have taken so long and was such a convoluted process to get them to do the repairs, Jim purchased the parts online and did the repair himself. You would think the overloaded VA staff would be grateful Jim took on the responsibility and expense of repairs himself, right? The official line is his w/c is government property and Jim isn’t certified to do repairs. Ooookay. The government trusts Jim to repair jet aircraft worth mega-bucks with the lives of pilots and flight crews in the balance, but they don't trust him to replace the little wheels on a manual w/c??? ROFL. Anger boiled down and cooled to icy, implacable logic spiced with gallows humor, is the best way to handle situations like that in my experience.
The pink spiderlilies (Lycoris radiata) are blooming. (I'm still looking for the white variety.) The Rose of Sharon blooms are hand-sized this season.
Pineapple' tomatoes are still producing as well as ever. 'Brandywine' is starting to ripen. The 'October Fest' daylilies have decided not to wait until October to party. I was late getting my asters planted so no sign of bloom on them yet.
Nadine is in her role as Frog Queen. There are over 30 kinds of frogs and toads around here and I think each kind must have a representative in a large, rain [formed pool near her door. Even with her amphibian re-location efforts, it is still swarming. She has finally accepted she can't save them all, but she is raising the more rare types in containers on the deck and feeding those in the puddle. She's been feeding them my color enhancing, tropical fish food. I hope none of the toads end up sunshine yellow with tangerine spots. ;-)
I have a shameful confession to make, Carrie. I haven't read “The Once and Future King." Next time I download books I'll see if it is available. Better late than never.
Mk*
Oops! I was supposed to post these pictures on another thread. (Jim)
Wild Muscadine Grapes growing nicely at the end of our road.

This message was edited Sep 2, 2013 10:24 AM

This message was edited Sep 2, 2013 10:44 AM