Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts September 2013, 2 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts September 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts September 2013
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning.
Perfect size photos, Tash, and they load quickly for the viewer too!
After reading about stabbing, and seeing Shirleys Neo. 'Downs Autumn' and then looking at my struggling specimen, I am going to have a go with a screw driver. If I have success, I will send you a pup, Tash. I suspect the climate may be a little cool here for it? I have had it more than two years and it has done nothing, except survive.
Shirley, I like your two different A. 'Aztec Gold's too. Mine looks like your second one, and is quite stable. Is your one in the first photo stable too?
Nev, I thought that my new plant might be crossed with Caudata too. The shape of the plant, while like recurvata, is quite big, and it also resembles my half grown caudata seedlings. Anyway, the flower sucked me in totally, so I had to have it.
Ian, good score from Woolies. Its nice to know you can still find a bargain in a department store from time to time.
Trish, lovely photos and also a good buy with your new Vriesea. I think both you and Tash would be amazed if you saw the amount of huntsmen we get here. I have learned to live with them, although the ones I find in the house usually get a flick of the tea towel and splat with the jandal! The ones that live out in the broms can stay, as they are food for the frogs.
Cody, I hope both you and Alex feel better soon.
Hello to Jean, seems that Nev agrees with my IDs too, so between us I think we may have found names for a couple of your new babies.
Its a bit cool and overcast here today, so I might start my day inside with the housework, and wait to see if the sun will make an appearance.
Todays pics are my new Aechmea, shown with A. recurvata in front, for perspective on size, and photo two is an Aechmea I wondered, could it be apocalytica?
Sue