Photo by Melody

Water Gardening: A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?

Forum: Water Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?
shortleaf wrote:
Kayjones came to the Central Midwest forum yesterday where I hangout alot and we chatted a bit.
I put my Creeping Jenny in panty hose today, I do that to try to keep some soil in. I use little safety pins if I need to. Generally, the panty hose fits on plant's pots like a glove. Your Purple Lady sure has filled out, Sharon, and is that Purple Lady aka Wandering Jew, Tradescantia Pallida? Anyway, it's very nice!
Mine is big too, I just call it "Purple Wandering Jew". Here's the Creeping Jenny going in panty hose! - It "got hosed"! And then, back in the fountain! - I have I think 3 plants in the fountain hosed now, the Creeping Jenny and the 2 new Arrowhead Vines 'Butterfly' and 'Maria' both got hosed today and back in the fountain. They are in that regular lt. brown colored hose unlike the black hose the Creeping Jenny is in.
I only had 1 Hib kinda similar to the one in your pic #5 but more red but it died last year. It looks like you have better flowering, flowers might like that climate better, I don't seem to get as many flowers, yours are very nice. I like that red Grass too. A "square inch garden" that's funny!
Will

This message was edited Aug 21, 2013 9:30 PM