Water Gardening: New Small Water Feature, 4 by HollyAnnS

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright HollyAnnS

In reply to: New Small Water Feature

Forum: Water Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of New Small Water Feature
HollyAnnS wrote:
Update on my small pond feature. A few months ago I came across a free small preformed kidney shaped pool liner. It was sitting near the curb with a free sign on it. First idea was to just add it along the side of the existing feature where the little mud tray sat. Then I started thinking it wouldn't be too hard to add a small water fall of some kind since there is a small hill there. So I have decided to do several large concrete leaf molds to make into the water fall. I have large portadora alocasia that I have wanted to make into molds for a long time and this will be a great way to use them. Then I thought there is plenty of space at the top for a nice size inground pond to feed the waterfall. Not sure how long this will take I am hoping to get the pond dug this fall but it may not get done till next spring. But I have removed most of the sod in the area I am going to work on. Next step will be to make the leaf molds and arrange them in the loose dirt of the hill to get an idea of how I want to set it up. Once I get that done I will try to hand dig the pond and see how far I get with that. I am heading back out to finish up the rest of the sod at the top of the hill. This is what I have gotten done so far.