Photo by Melody

Water Gardening: A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?

Forum: Water Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of A trailing hardy plant in a big 3 tiered fountain?
shortleaf wrote:
Yes, that's a 21" plastic planter from Lowes, I think it was also $21 coincidentally. Cement or concrete planters and landscape stuff is the way to go tho, they have more a look of opulence and wealth, (I have neither btw..lol) You got some words of wisdom Mother Winter?!
This part I copied and pasted, I hope you don't think any less of me but it's also in the Central Midwest forum where I also hang out. - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1327994/

"Well, I aim to find out how Virginia Creeper likes sitting in standing water too. I just love Virginia Creeper. I don't care if it's everywhere, I wallow in free plants! Here they are sitting in my big fountain's base, where I have 3 other freebies sitting. In with them, (and mosquito larvae..lol) is several starts of English Ivy, (they've proven to like standing water), Creeping Jenny, (actually the gold kind..aka Gold Moneywort) and Evergreen Wintercreeper. I got them all free, here from the yard or my plants. I would really like to dress up this fountain this year with plants. Kinda make it a plant fountain, (with water), not a running water, (wires and hoses) electric bill fountain - 1st three pics. Here's my concrete succulent/cactus planter featuring my latest addition of E.T.'s Finger's, (honest, that's what it's called). Here's the ac unit landscaping stuff again. Sorry, I just take random photos so hope you like them! 5th pic."
Will

This message was edited Aug 16, 2013 8:38 PM