Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013, 2 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

Sue, hope you aren’t feeling too crook … maybe you should take it easy for a couple of days and give your body a chance to rest and recover.

Jean, glad to hear you have had a couple of nice days, weather wise, sorry it’s raining again. We have been having nice days with just the odd annoying shower here and there.

Speaking of guzmanias, usually Bunnings and Masters have heaps but I tried to buy a nice one this morning for a relative in hospital rather than take a bunch of flowers and neither place had one. There were a few flowering vrieseas but nothing to write home about ... ended up with a very pretty cyclamen but would have liked a nice flowering guz.

Nev, I hope your sales went well this morning. I totally agree with you about temps in the single figures. Anything below 20 degrees and I’m shivering.

For some reason I can’t open the BCR so I can’t check out your link for bill Fascinator. Thanks so much for adding my name to your pup list. Love the photo of Guz Firecracker.

I wasn’t aware there were male and female forms of Ae Mariae Reginae, guess I’ll just have to wait till it flowers.

Gosh Cody, those pics look so cold. I’ve never even seen snow but while I would like to see it snowing, I would hate to live somewhere where it was a regular occurrence.

Sue, everything is look really good at your place.

Therese, your medications sound a whole lot better than Sue’s Irish Moss. After a few, you really wouldn’t care if you had a cold or not, hey!!

Ian, nice pics.

Just a couple of pics from me tonight. Pic 1 – Canistrum Seidelianum x Ae Corriea Araujoi, pic 2 – neo running river pup

Bye, Shirley