Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013, 3 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Where has everyone gone ???

Cody, thanks, the bloom on the NOID in my pic 4 lasted for a full twelve months … and still looked good.

Nev, I agree that school is a lot more stimulating than it was in our day and the kids have a lot more opportunity. Having said that, I wouldn’t want to go back to school now.

It’s great to see that you are creating such lovely hybrids, Nev. I love your bill Fascinator … could you add my name to your pup list for that one please.

Jen, thanks for starting the new thread. What a lovely lot of guzmanias you have. Love the variegated ones and the flower on pic 3 is gorgeous.

I have bought a few nice broms lately, some of them still in the mail. I finally have an Ae Samurai, not a very big one but I love it. Ae Mariae Reginae Variegated is another new one … can’t wait for this one to flower. Ae Fasciata Variegata and Fascini Albomarginata are two more. Not sure if I have taken photos of these last two.

Ian, those are some nice looking aechmeas in your pics.

My pics are 1 – Ae Samurai, pic 2 – Ae Mariae Reginae Variegated, pic 3 – Fasciata Variegata

Bye for now, Shirley