Photo by Melody

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: HOUSEPLANTS OPEN DISCUSSION GROUP - JUNE 2013, 2 by momlady

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright momlady

In reply to: HOUSEPLANTS OPEN DISCUSSION GROUP - JUNE 2013

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of HOUSEPLANTS OPEN DISCUSSION GROUP - JUNE 2013
momlady wrote:
Yikes, Gitagal! "... Ric-Rac ... You will NOT believe how huge it can grow!!!" Thanks for the warning! I love your plant. There's something about that shape. Dumb question; what does HB mean?

Gasrocks, I am trying the Azamax also. Maybe I will try a Meyer Lemon again. I have given up on them in the past because I wanted to eat the lemons but I needed pesticides to keep the plants healthy.

JB, is your foot ok now?

mlm, happy birthday! (It's tomorrow.)

I was bitten by the succulent bug (no pesticide addresses THAT) after reading Debra Lee Baldwin's Succulent Container Garden. Baldwin has lots of beautiful design ideas and showcased some succulents I hadn't known about. My collection of indoor plants is multiplying like mad. I know you all leave your plants outside for a "summer vacation." My nighttime temperature was 48 degrees yesterday. Is that too cold? I know different plants have different needs. I have a variety: Epiphyllum, Hoya, lots of succulent varieties like Haworthia, Euphorbia, Kalanchoe, Crassula, Cissus, Aloe, Adenium, Cotlyedon, Fockea, Sedum, Senecio, Rhipsalis, Pseudorhipsalis, Cyphostemma, Corpuscularia, Adenia, Adromischus, Aeonium, Aloinopsis, Echeveria, Xerosicyos, Faucaria, Ledebouria, Anacampseros, Sempervivum, Avonia.

The pictures are the Avonia quinaria ssp. alstonii (tiny, slow grower, looks like a little can with dreadlocks coming out of the top), and Adromischus cristatus (looks like little stuffed pastas with crimped edges).