Photo by Melody

Wildlife: We've still got some 'bears' .. Yay!!, 1 by Magpye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Magpye

In reply to: We've still got some 'bears' .. Yay!!

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of We've still got some 'bears' .. Yay!!
Magpye wrote:
Eglantyne .. and all of you,

So glad you've enjoyed the cub pics! And I appreciate the wonderful comments .. and most grateful for sharing your own critter excursion stories also! Please, keep 'em comin' ... I know I can't be the only one enjoying the reading and the info!

I think the lil family is still near about .. for our P'nut (dawg) .. still manages to get his hair on end during early morning and late evenings! Feel pretty certain they're aiming for the Peaches that are ripening.

Lately, I've been reminding my hubby .. that HE is the one that told ME some time back (when I was fretting about the deer getting our peaches and corn!) .. "that there's plenty to go 'round for all of us!" See, he's not particularly liking the scenario now!! .. lol .. However, neither has HE been willing to go back behind our shed to fetch himself any of those peaches either!! .. HA! .. (plus, I'm not 'letting' him go back there .. right now! We certainly don't want to run the risk of us and the bears having any sort of confrontation.

So, in a bit of a hill billy {die-lect} HEE > "Dangummit, theys jes a few ol peaches! Them bar's haint hurtin' a thang! "

I've been reading and exploring as many of the subjects and threads as humanly possible .. with trying to prevent home, hubby and garden suffering .. (welllll .. much, anyway!) LOL

We're benefiting immensely from the wealth of info, ideas, tons of tidbits, beautiful pics, the tales and stories that every 'gardener' shares here!

To all of the DG folks - many thanks for the warm welcome. Feels like 'home' ... :o)

I plan to post more of 'our' other wildlife pics soon. Meanwhile, take a look at one of my favorite little 'wild' buddies (will be 3 pics posted consecutively) ....