Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: Plants blooming today (Continued), 1 by sunkissed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sunkissed

In reply to: Plants blooming today (Continued)

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Plants blooming today (Continued)
sunkissed wrote:
What an imagination David, the chicken gizzard plant is some nice color to the garden.

Bonnie I remember your Rangoon creeper, I had to chop back my red passiflora, was shading out some plants underneath. My bleeding heart seems to be behaving so far, a few new sprigs tried to come up, but pulled them out.

I worked on my gardens and got plenty of new plants in the ground. I got bit by something even with garden gloves on, it stung bad, took them off but couldn't find anything. My had instantly started to swell and by night fall my arm and fingers all swollen, still swollen this morning, but not red or hurting anymore. Have no idea what got me???

Here are some more blooms from my Sanibel trip, this cactus orchid also climbing a dead palm tree was just in bud when I first went by it on my bike. I went back two days later and caught the flowers open, four days later they all had expired already...glad I saw them.

If you all know the exact name of this plant, I can post the pic's on DG under the correct category, appreciate it.