Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: Plants blooming today (Continued), 1 by DavidofDeLand

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DavidofDeLand

In reply to: Plants blooming today (Continued)

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Plants blooming today (Continued)
DavidofDeLand wrote:
We'll just have to color it up ourselves GG with pictures of our gardens! What blooms will we find today?!

Caladiums are special to me just like Periwinkles (Vinca) even though they've been around forever. You can't beat either of these for dependable Summer color and yours look great tlm1...

You have quite a collection Bonnie. My Rangoon creeper has never taken off, and I really haven't worked with it though. I need too as they are really cool. My friend Sue's of course, like everything else in her garden is amazing. Sigh.....I guess I really should take some new pictures of her gardens and make mine look like dullsville! She has so many unique plants, but a lot of them don't come back every year. I stick with a lot of old reliables and add something new here and again...you have me researching Pandora vine!

The picture is of "Chicken Gizzards" (Iresine). Is anyone else growing this? It looks similar to coleus, and does really well here. Mine have been surviving freezes the last two years... It has white flower spikes in the Fall.

Good Sunday Morning everyone!

This message was edited Jul 7, 2013 6:41 AM

This message was edited Jul 7, 2013 6:43 AM