Photo by Melody

Florida Gardening: Miniature gardens, trees, and landscapes in Florida..., 2 by DavidofDeLand

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DavidofDeLand

In reply to: Miniature gardens, trees, and landscapes in Florida...

Forum: Florida Gardening

Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Miniature gardens, trees, and landscapes in Florida...
DavidofDeLand wrote:
Its good hearing from you Sunkissed.

I am going to bounce from the past to the present like some movies in this thread. It is likely you and some others will be seeing older pictures popping up from even two years ago. I think it might be good for any newcomers to see the older and simpler beginnings should they be inspired to start one! A tiny bowl only ten inches across can be fun!

This one dollar, "Dollar Tree" bowl was designed as a hanging basket bowl. I took the cheap cords off and just used the bowl which is only 10" across. It is possible hung at the right level,... that miniature gardens could be fun as a hanging basket too. I haven't done that yet. I might!
All things well rooted and from cuttings this little bowl includes:

Rosemary, Dwarf Jade (Elephant Food plant), Allysum (great for creating a miniature blooming bush), Sea Urchin Sedum, and one of my all time favorites, Chocolate Hearts Coleus, which with faithful pruning can be kept small or makes incredible hanging baskets...

The addition of various other miniature items creates the look!..........even just 1.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2013 6:55 AM